1998 bay 13.1 Welsh/Quarterhorse gelding.
- Bomb-proof (Hopefully not needed)
- Buffalo-proof (Exhibited while vacationing in The Badlands, South Dakota)
(Left) Bandalore at the Dalton Fall Classic Note (above): Tight knee tuck acquired from Gamekeeper
- Sire: USEF, AHSA, WPCSA National Performance Champion Shenandoah Gamekeeper.
- Dam: Three Star Codet, the daughter of legendary Quarterhorse stallion performance stallion Three Star Cody--National Hunter Champion and World Reining Champion.
Bandalore's grand and great grand sires, all legends in their own right are:
What the kids say when asked, "How's he going for you?"
Child: "He's the perfect kid's pony! I'm taking him in Children's Hunter next! He just did Short Stirrup and Walk/Trot. He's going in Lead-line later."
Me: "So he's being a good boy for you girls?"
Child: "Yup! He's such a good boy! And he's so fun to ride!"
*Note: Bandalore was leased a few years back with a professional children's riding lessons trainer who with her, won numerous championships at NPHA horse shows and all the way to Harrisburg for the PA 4-H State Championships.
On the Big Foot Ride in South Dakota:
Me: "Was he good for you today?"
Little Man: "Uh, huh."
Me: "Any trouble?"
Little Man: "Nope."
What the moms say:
"I don't worry when she's riding Bam Bam."
"Thank you. It's been a great experience for her." (her daughter)
Bandalore is eligible green, honest to and over fences. He has a 10+ floating movement and athleticism, and flying leads. He exhibits kind willingness and excellent manners in all environments. He has been consistently stellar such as in the following environments:
- Wash stall, schooling, cross-ties, trailer--walks on without hesitation.
- NPHA Horse shows
- Harrisburg Farm Show Complex and Coliseum for 4-H State Competitions
- Cross country jumping, trail riding, stream crossings, mountain climbing, buttes in the Badlands of South Dakota
- Big Foot Ride (Cheyenne River Lakota Reservation to site of the Wounded Knee Massacre on Pine Ridge Reservation): Riding in groups (over 150+ on the Big Foot Ride in South Dakota 2006 and for one day of the ride Bandalore responsibly and safely carried a 10 year old Lakota boy as we rode into Wounded Knee, South Dakota from Porcupine, South Dakota.
- Riding near wild buffalo in the Badlands, South Dakota.
- On a cattle drive in Dell, Montana moving 1200 cows and calves to Centennial Valley
- Riding near moose and in grizzly bear country (no bears experienced, Thank you, God) in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Beaverhead National Forest near Dell, Montana.
- On a cattle drive to Centennial Valley, and in the company of genuine cowboys, ranch hands and family of the Huntsman Ranch in Dell, Montana . . . and one annoying "Heeler dog" who kept nipping Bandalore on his fetlocks during the beginning of the drive as, in the dog's mind, Bandalore and I were "lagging behind" at the back end of the herd of 1200 cows and calves.
Bandalore has great hooves never requiring shoes.
- Hunt courses with lead changes
- Trained professionally
- Shown by both professional rider and children
- Consistently winning or placing in the ribbons
- He has amazing athletic ability and will soar over anything to which you put him.
- He's jumped up to 4' free lunging in an indoor and 3'6 with a 110-lb. rider.
- He is a constant-- always quiet and capable over fences.